Don’t let your productivity get stuck in traffic
Smart Commute Central York (SCCY), a program of the Newmarket Chamber of Commerce, works to reduce traffic congestion and take action on climate change in workplaces and school zones across the Central York area. The program provides a range of services, tools, and campaigns to promote active and sustainable travel options.
Employer benefits include:
Expert resources: workplaces surveys, site assessments, workshops, and carpool parking management systems
Emergency Ride Home program services
Reduced parking requirements
Improved employee recruitment, retention, and work satisfaction
Enhanced corporate image
Incentivized employee campaigns
Active School Travel (AST) Program
Smart Commute Central York (SCCY) is working with six pilot schools in Newmarket to create safer school zones by alleviating traffic congestion and promoting active travel methods. The program includes:
- Traffic enhancements: Red curbs to indicate no parking zones, road and sidewalk stencils
- Wayfinding signage
- Community and school-focused communications and campaigns
- On-site observations
Discover the Smart Commute App
- Find a carpool partner
- Discover and compare travel options
- Track your impacts
- Money saved, calories burned, and CO2 reductions
- Participate in challenges and campaigns with chances to win great prizes.
Smart Commute Central York is a program of the Newmarket Chamber of Commerce, funded by the Regional Municipality of York and the Town of Newmarket.