Don’t let your productivity get stuck in traffic
Learn how Smart Commute can work for your business
Smart Commute Central York (SCCY), a program of the Newmarket Chamber of Commerce, is a Transportation Management Association (TMA) that works to reduce traffic congestion and take action on climate change. The program provides a range of services, tools and campaigns that promote commuting options, increase employee satisfaction and positively impacts an organization’s bottom line. SCCY encourages commuters to embrace sustainable transportation options like carpooling, public transit, biking, walking, and teleworking to help save money and time on their daily commute and improve their health.
The Smart Commute online tool helps people discover the best way from A to B.
- Discover and compare all travel options for travelling from A to B
- Find a carpool partner
- Log and track trips, earn badges and track your impacts such as money saved, calories burned and CO2 reductions.
- Participate in challenges and campaigns with chances to win great prizes.
SCCY works with their members to develop customized commuting programs for their employees. This is comprised of a travel habits survey and site assessment, outreach events, workshops, carpool parking management systems, expert resources, incentives and an Emergency Ride Home program.
Employer benefits include:
- Reduced parking requirements.
- Improved employee recruitment and retention.
- Enhanced corporate image.
Smart Commute Central York is funded by Metrolinx, the Regional Municipality of York and the Town of Newmarket.