Join us October 30th at the Newmarket Community Centre!
Aimed at secondary students (and their influencers) our new Career Pathways Expo is a joint initiative between the public, non-profit and private sectors. Along with overviews on an assortment of job paths in York Region, the Expo will feature speakers, workshops and interactive tools. It will open to the public from 4-8 pm to showcase local businesses, highlight available careers and feature a job fair.
10:00am – 2:00pm
- High school students have the opportunity to broaden their understanding of various career paths.
- Dynamic speakers, information sessions, and interactive exhibits
- The event will feature a variety of local businesses, post-secondary institutions, and information on training in trades and entrepreneurship.
- There will be interactive tools to help students and teachers explore career pathways and access local labour market information.
4:00pm – 8:00pm
- Job Fair and Expo of local business open to the general public.
- Students, parents, and job seekers will have the chance to meet with businesses in the region and capitalize on job opportunities from a variety of exhibiting employers.
PARTICIPATING IN JOB FAIR
|Apple Retail||Assurance Accounting||Canco Climate||Cube Packaging|
|Home Depot||Investor's Group||Newmarket Library||NewRoads|
|Nurse Next Door||On Construction Careers||Orange Theory||Pfaff Automotive|
|Qualicare Homcare||Seneca Employment||TS Tech||YMCA Child Care|
Carpentry & Construction Equipment, First Aid Equipment, Simulator Game, Vehicle Diagnostic Equipment, Welding Tools, Robotic Manufacturing Equipment and much more!
Want to be a partner in the pathways and help shape the future workforce for our region? Click here for more information or contact Valerie Kaye at firstname.lastname@example.org or Tracy Walter at email@example.com
Each student will take home a guidebook that highlights information about various career pathways avaiilable in each sector and the skills needed for each. The Pathways Passport will also include some local labour market information, volunteer opportunities for skill building and much more!
Partners in Pathways: